Available June 2021
LEKI's new Black Series model introduces the revolutionary Core Locking Device (CLD) as a new folding pole assembly/lockout mechanism that is completely internal, more user friendly and reduces overall weight by 13%. The CLD allows for a lighter 4-shaft section construction vs the typical 5-sections required for an adjujstable folding pole. The TUV-certified SpeedLock 2 provides a 20cm adjustment range. With Aergon Thermo foam grips and super lightweight Carbon shafts, this is simply the most advanced trekking pole of its kind.
- Exclusive AERGON grip features a hollow core construction to save weight and create an edgeless, rounded grip for comfortable gripping at all angles especially for "palming" on steeper terrain..
- Thermo foam grip material for extra comfort, light weight and insulation in colder weather
- Built in 8 degree Positive Angle in LEKI grips keeps wrist in neutral position and provides more efficient pole plants
- Air-textured "no bulk" security strap maintains design dimensions of grip; efficient wicking and fast drying; adjusts and secures strap adjustment without buckles
- Extended foam grip for traversing and climbing
- SPEEDLOCK 2 lever locking mechanism is simply THE strongest external locking system in the world as rated by TUV, and the only locking systems to meet the minimum holding force recommended by TUV
- 100% High Modulus Carbon shaft sections for reliable, lightweight performance in all conditions
- PE coated, Kevlar reinforced tension cord for long term reliability
- CLD (Core Locking Device) is a fully internal mechanism that is not subject to the elements and is completely intuitive and user friendly. It is simply the most advanced assembly/lockout feature of its kind
- Maximum tension between shaft sections made possible by internal (serviceable) spring in lower shaft
- Carbon section ends are protected by machined Aluminum sleeves for extra long wear
- Machined Aluminum connectors help to center shaft sections for quick, snag free assembly
- LEKI's original Carbide Flextips provide secure hold on all terrain and surfaces for years of adventure; easily replaced in the field
- Interchangeable basket system allows a variety of different sized LEKI baskets to be easily screwed on/off for different seasons/uses thanks to offset threads that keep the baskets securely in place